Friday, July 6, 2007

Our trip to Japan

I have been describing parts of this trip to different people and figure it's more efficient to blog it. Ideally, I would have done this from the beginning, but didn't have time at first, and then didn't have time later, either. Actually, if I had not worked some of the time, maybe I would have had time to blog.

It was a long trip, 37 days for me (Masae and the kids are still there, as of this writing), so I really had to do some work. Being somewhat obsessive, I did more than just some, but it went mainly according to plan.

We started the trip by staying in Tokyo for a few days when we arrived, two and a half, not counting the arrival day.

Then we travelled to Masae's hometown, Kitami and spent about five days. Then, Masae and I went to Kyoto for a week, leaving the kids with the grandparents and auntie. Yes, a whole week.

Then back to Kitami for the duration. This was good timing for me, because the first part of the trip was towards the end of the quarter, which is usually quieter for me. Except for the two classes I was taking (did someone say something about having one's head examined?). I had to finish my final project in Kyoto for one class. Anyway, being in Kitami, there was more time to do some work.

So, I am not planning on being chronological, or I'll never get to the end. This way I'll start at the end and never get to the beginning. Or the middle. Or whatever.

No comments: